Thursday, February 12, 2015

Patchwork of the Crosses

Are you up for a challenge?  Mary Ellen found this "vintage" fabric in her stash and thought it would be perfect for Patchwork of the Crosses blocks, so she brought it in and challenged me to see what I could come up with.


From the selvage, it looks like this is a Judy Rothermel fabric most likely from her first Sturbridge Village line - not sure of that, but I can't wait to start making blocks with it!

Since I've been challenged, I'm hoping you'll be up for the fun, too.  Look in your stash...way back in the corners... and find a fabric you'd like to work with.  Stripes work well, but so do paisleys or floral prints.  Look for something in your favorite colors because you'll find the design process easier if you're using a palette you're used to.  Design an original block with your fabrics and send us a picture at littlequilts@mindspring.com.  We'd like to share your designs with others so we can all get unique ideas for block designs.  I'll post the blocks I come up with in a few weeks!

Have fun designing!

Check our pinterest board  to get ideas for great fabrics to use or for ideas for designs.

Go to our website to reorder paper piecing supplies.

No comments: